Gazpacho means – a cold soup made of raw, blended vegetables. This is a perfect summer recipe and is best served straight from the fridge. The best thing about gazpacho for me is that it is all raw. The nutrients from all of the raw vegetables are all still there and this soup is bursting with them. None of the ingredients is cooked, so everything has kept his nutritional value 100%.
- 1kg plum tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped
- ½ a cucumber, diced, plus more for garnish
- ½ a red onion, diced. Plus more for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 50ml of cold-pressed olive oil + more for drizzling
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sliced spring onions
- In the bowl of a food processor, add tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pulse until well combined and smooth, or desired texture. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve in soup bowls. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with chopped cucumbers, red onion, pepper, and green onions.