Vegan Sweetcorn Fritters
Vegan sweetcorn fritters that are also gluten free and have a nice little kick of chili powder too them as well.
- 1 x can tinned sweetcorn drained and rinsed
- 80g of chickpea flour
- 2 flaxseed eggs
- 3 x spring onions
- 1 x clove garlic
- 1 x red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of mild chilli powder
- 20g of nutritional yeast flakes
- 10g of gluten-free baking powder
- 200ml of almond milk
- 10ml of cold-pressed rapeseed oil for cooking
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Have the flaxseed eggs pre made and ready to go when you being making the sweet corn fritters
- Drain and rinse the tin of sweetcorn
- Add the sweetcorn to the mixing bowl
- Finely dice the red pepper and add it into mixing bowl.
- Finely slice the spring onions
- Mince the garlic add to mixing bowl with spring onions
- Add in the flaxseed eggs and chickpea flour, mix it well to combine it
- Add the baking powder, nutritional yeast, chili powder and whisk in the almond milk to achieve a batter consistency.
- Season well with salt and pepper
- Add half of the mix to a blender, reserve the other half in the mixing bowl, then mix both of the consistencies together back in the mixing bowl
- Give the mix ten minutes to thicken slightly before starting to cook.
- Use a good quality non stick frying pan
- Get the frying pan on a high heat, add some cold pressed rapeseed oil and using a metal ring or cutter to keep its shape, add 3 tablespoons of the batter mixture to the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side before adding to a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes to crisp up and finish cooking throughout
- Serve with guacamole and tomato and mango salsa.
Serve your fritters with tomato salsa, guacamole, or parsnip crisps.