Vegan Snack Bars
These vegan snack bars are the perfect plant-based snack! It’s naturally sweet, featuring oats, chia seeds, and pecans. Keep them in your fridge or freezer. You can batch make them so you always have them at hand!
- Preheat the oven to 160oc
- Remove the pits from the dates with your fingers (they should come right out!).
- Place the dates in the food processor and process or pulse until they are mainly chopped and rough texture forms. Then add the remaining ingredients and process for a minute or so until a crumbly dough forms.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Dump the dough into the center of the parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll it into a rectangle that is 6” x 10.5”. Cut the dough into 14 bars that are 1.5” x 3”.
- Bake the bars for 30 minutes (this step helps to make the texture drier and less sticky). Cool the bars to room temperature, then store refrigerated in a sealed container between sheets of wax paper.