A really simple recipe with a really good result, these crackers make an awesome dipping and scooping tool for houmous and other kinds of dip. They are also great as a general cracker and can be served with soups and other dishes as a healthier alternative to bread.
- Pre heat the oven to 165c
- Measure all of the seeds into the mixing bowl and mix them well
- Cover with the 500ml of water
- Leave to soak at room temperature for 2 hours until the seeds have absorbed all of the water
- Give the mix a good stir to make sure the seeds are evenly spread
- Line the two baking trays with the non stick baking parchment
- Split the seed mix between the two trays and spread it out as thinly as possible using the back of the spoon
- Bake at 165c for 30minutes and then remove from the oven
turn the crackers over so they are face down on the tray and then peel back the parchment paper so that it comes away from the crackers and remove it completely
- Place the trays back into the oven and cook for a further 20minutes
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool
- Once the crackers are cooled then you can break up into the sized pieces that you would like
Always use non stick parchment. Normal baking paper with stick and blend into the crackers. Foil also works if you don’t have parchment.
Only spread the crackers as thin as the biggest seed and thiner will not hold very well.