Super healthy and super filling breakfast, full of goodness. A real quick and easy breakfast option. This is my basic recipe but you can chop and change how ever you feel is right – Maybe try it with some fresh fruit and berried in it too!
- 40g of gluten-free muesli – I always recommend Primrose Kitchen Carrot and Cinnamon Muesli, it’s ready to go and the best out there. (normal rolled oats are also fine and will still make a great tasting breakfast)
- 10g whole almonds (chopped)
- 15g of chia seeds
- 1 whole large golden delicious apple
- 1 whole chopped banana
- 180ml homemade almond milk or KOKO coconut milk
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan salt
- 10ml of coconut nectar syrup – You could also use agave or maple syrup here for the sweetener if you don’t have coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Vanilla extract or powder
- Soak the muesli and the chia seeds in all of the home made almond milk (check out my home made almond milk recipe if you don’t already make it). Or use KOKO coconut milk if you are short on time
- Add in the ground cinnamon, chopped almonds, vanilla and coconut nectar or sweetener of choice
- Leave this to soak for at least 10 minutes, longer if you can to make sure the chia seeds have time to absorb all of the liquid.
- Fine chop the apple and banana then add it into the mixing bowl with the rest of the muesli mix.
- Finish it off with a little pinch of salt, tasting as you go to get it just how you like. I like mine with loads of cinnamon!!