Vegan Mac and Cheese
Another plant-based version of a classic dish. Super easy vegan & gluten-free mac & cheese that can be made in just 35 minutes. Perfect healthy treat for the kids too!
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- Boil your pasta as per packet instructions if you are using shop-bought pasta. I aim to undercook it a bit to allow for the time in the oven.
- Meanwhile, place your 100g cashews into a blender.
- Add in the 300ml milk, 6 tbsp nutritional yeast, 2 tsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp olive oil and a large pinch of salt and pepper and blend until smooth
- Drain the pasta and add to a skillet pan or baking dish and pour over the sauce and mix in (additionally, you can top with vegan grated cheese if you wish I tend not to use it as its pretty processed but that’s up to you)
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes at 200C
- Serve with fresh parsley and a side salad