With this awesome recipe you would rarely even notice the difference from a normal muffin. They are amazingly light and rise so well with the flaxseed eggs and baking powder. I was very very surprised and happy with the result of this very simple recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 165c and melt the coconut oil but standing it in a bowl of hot water
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well – coconut palm sugar, almond flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt
- Then mix in the flax seed eggs, the melted coconut oil and the vanilla paste
- Whisk the mix together and add the water slowly just to let it down slightly this will make the muffins lighter and rise better
- Lightly oil the muffin tins all the way around and then pour in the batter evenly
- Bake on 165c for 20minutes
There are so many variations on this recipe and the base recipe can pretty much always stay the same. Here are a few that I have tried:
Baked apple – Make an apple puree and put it through the muffin batter
Sticky toffee muffins – Make a caramel with dates to go on top after they have been cooked, you could even put a spoon full of it in the top of the batter before they get cooked too
Chocolate muffins – just simply add a table spoon of cacao powder to the mix and then make a chocolate sauce to go on the top after they have been cook
Make the flaxseed eggs well in advance so that you are able to just make this recipe really quick and not have to wait around for the eggs to be ready.