Raspberry & Vanilla Cheesecake
The how to guide for the best raw, vegan, dairy free dessert ever. This a great recipe that’s extremely versatile! Once you have got the basic recipe it is easy to play around with and change up to create your own delicious variations!
For The Base:
- 200g of whole raw almonds
- 100g of buckwheat groats
- 50g of pitted dates
- 20ml of coconut nectar
- 40ml of coconut oil
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt
For the cashew nut topping:
- 500g of whole cashew nuts
- The juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp of vanilla paste
- 80ml of coconut oil
- 150ml of almond milk
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 60ml of agave of maple syrup
- Fresh raspberries and raspberry chia seed jam.
Firstly, stand your coconut oil in a bowl of hot water to melt it down so that you can use it in liquid form
For The Base:
- Place the buckwheat, whole almonds, a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of cinnamon to the blender.
- Blend on full speed to a flour consistency before adding in the dates, once the dates are in it will need blending again for 30 seconds on full speed to break them down into the mix
- Add the mixture to a mixing bowl, along with the melted coconut oil and coconut nectar before bringing the mix together with your hands.
- Place the mixture between the 6 moulds and press them in to the bottom of the mould, pressing the mixture down nice and firm.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set the bases
For The Cashew Filling:
- Place the cashew nuts, almond milk, vanilla paste, lemon juice, cinnamon, agave/maple syrup, with a pinch of salt and coconut oil to the blender – blending on full speed to a smooth until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add the cashew filling mixture to the moulds, covering the bases to just over the half way point on the mould.
- Place in the freezer for around 30-45 minutes to start to set them.
- Remember this is going to be a two layer cheesecake so only filling half way
- Without cleaning the blender of the cashew filling residue, add the raspberries, reserving some whole raspberries for decoration.
- Blend and leave at room temperature whilst the base and cashew layer sets.
- Remove the bases from freezer and check they are set before pouring the raspberry topping on.
- Decorate with raspberry and chia seed jam before placing back in the freezer for 45-60 mins.
Once fully set, decorate with the fresh whole raspberries, extra jam, mint and desiccated coconut.
This recipe can also be used with blueberries, strawberries and blackberries if you want to vary the flavours.