Baba Ghanoush is a traditional Syrian dish and a very common accompaniment to any mezze dish. It is traditionally made with tahini and a smokey flavour. I love to use baba ghanoush as a part of breakfast dishes or a snack with crudites and crackers.
- Pre heat the oven to 200c
- Trim the top off the aubergine then cut it lengthways down the middle opening it up facing the inside to the sky on the baking tray
- Score the aubergine flesh diagonally this will help it cook all the way though
- Drizzle with oil, season well with salt and pepper and bake for 25 minutes on 200c degrees.
- Once cooked scrape out the inside flesh and place in to the bender with the garlic cloves, the bunch of fresh parsley (with the stalks), the tahini paste, lemon juice, a teaspoon of smoked paprika and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Blend on full speed for 60 seconds until smooth