Buckwheat and Cinnamon Pancakes
What better way to celebrate breakfast than with these amazingly healthy Buckwheat and Cinnamon Pancakes? Really quick and easy to make, they’re gluten free and vegan too.
- 50g of fine buckwheat flour (you can also use plain gluten-free flour if you can’t find buckwheat)
- 40g of fine desiccated coconut
- 20g of coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free baking powder
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 80ml of almond milk (or plant milk of your choice)
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- Add in the fresh almond milk or KOKO coconut milk.
- Whisk the mix together really well.
- Leave it to stand for 5 minutes for the baking powder to react with the liquid. This will ensure the batter starts to thicken and it will also to help it rise, giving it that fluffy texture when it’s cooked.
- Ladle the mix (one at a time) into a hot, nonstick frying pan. As long as your pan is nonstick, you won’t need any extra oil to cook the pancakes in.
- Cook on one side until golden brown and you will notice bubbles coming through the other side.
- Flip the pancakes over and cook for a further 2 minutes on this side.
- Serve and garnish with a topping of your choice.
I love to chop up a whole banana and top the pancakes, also adding a little coconut nectar and finally chopped pecans. Fresh berries are also great!