Simple tofu scramble, a vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. It’s so easy to make, high in protein and only requires a few ingredients! I feel like scrambled tofu has got a bad rep for tasting bland and not all that exciting, don’t be put off trying this recipe – trust me it tastes awesome and I use it all the time.
- Drizzle a small amount of rapeseed oil into a saucepan and bring it up to a medium heat
- Finely dice the red pepper and finely slice the spring onion
- Add minced garlic and thyme to the pan followed by the red pepper and spring onions
- Add a pinch of salt, pepper and the tamari to season.
- Add the whole pack of tofu draining slightly first followed by the turmeric and chilli powder, stir to combine with the whisk, breaking up the tofu into the mix to resemble scrambled eggs.
- Cook it out for a few minutes and then serve