Firstly, stand your coconut oil in a bowl of hot water to melt it down so that you can use it in liquid form
For The Base:
- Place the buckwheat, whole almonds, a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of cinnamon to the blender.
- Blend on full speed to a flour consistency before adding in the dates, once the dates are in it will need blending again for 30 seconds on full speed to break them down into the mix
- Add the mixture to a mixing bowl, along with the melted coconut oil and coconut nectar before bringing the mix together with your hands.
- Place the mixture between the 6 moulds and press them in to the bottom of the mould, pressing the mixture down nice and firm.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set the bases
For The Cashew Filling:
- Place the cashew nuts, almond milk, vanilla paste, lemon juice, cinnamon, agave/maple syrup, with a pinch of salt and coconut oil to the blender – blending on full speed to a smooth until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add the cashew filling mixture to the moulds, covering the bases to just over the half way point on the mould.
- Place in the freezer for around 30-45 minutes to start to set them.
- Remember this is going to be a two layer cheesecake so only filling half way
- Without cleaning the blender of the cashew filling residue, add the raspberries, reserving some whole raspberries for decoration.
- Blend and leave at room temperature whilst the base and cashew layer sets.
- Remove the bases from freezer and check they are set before pouring the raspberry topping on.
- Decorate with raspberry and chia seed jam before placing back in the freezer for 45-60 mins.
Once fully set, decorate with the fresh whole raspberries, extra jam, mint and desiccated coconut.