Asian Buckwheat Noodles
This Asian buckwheat noodle dish is one of my favourite vegan meals at the moment, extremely simple and takes less than 10 minutes to make. The noodles are awesome and a much healthier alternative, I either use store-bought buckwheat soba noodles or I make my own from the recipe in module 3. So many combinations and ways that you can make your own variations on this dish. Plant-based and awesome!
- 100g Buckwheat noodles
- 1/2 a medium carrot
- 1 head of pak choi and extra for serving if you want
- 1 whole Red pepper
- 5 baby sweetcorn
- 1 handful of sugar snap peas
- 2 spring onions
- 50g of sunblush tomatoes
- A small hand full of baby spinach
- 1cm chunk of ginger
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Cashews for garnishing
- Pinch of sesame seeds for garnishing
For the sauce:
- First off, boil some water and place the buckwheat noodles in, turn down to a medium/low heat and boil for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the noodles are cooking place a frying pan on medium heat and add a teaspoon of coconut oil into the pan.
- Now start preparing all of the vegetables into thin julienne type slices
- Once the pan is ready, cut the sun blushed tomatoes with scissors into small pieces straight into the pan
- Now add all of the veggies and a pinch chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Allow these to cook for a couple of minutes until they are all soft and have a bit of colour, lastly add in the spinach
- Once this is cooked turn off the heat to the pan and pour half the sauce over and stir in.
- The noodles will be cooked now so drain them and place into a mixing bowl. Pour the ingredients from the pan into the mixing bowl as well along with the other half of the sauce and mix around until evenly covered.
- Now it’s ready to serve. I finish mine off with another pinch of chilli flakes, some slices of spring onions, cashews, sesame seeds and a wedge of lime.