A traditional Lebanese dish made even healthier by switching out the normal bulgur wheat with quinoa. Quinoa is a high protein, high fibre grain containing all the essential amino acids. It makes a perfect sub for the bulgur wheat and is gluten-free too. This is one of my favourite salads that I have with my evening meal, and it’s perfect to have as a left-over for lunch the next day. Always make extra. You’ll eat it for sure.
- Cuisine: Salad/Side
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- Servings: Makes 8 generous portions
- Allergens: None
- Requires: Chopping board, knife, large mixing bowl, lemon juicer, saucepan
- Cook the quinoa in the 800ml of water for 5 minutes on a rapid boil and then take it off the heat and add in a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt – let it stand until it’s cooled (be very careful not to overcook the quinoa, tabouleh is better light and fluffy, not overcooked and soggy)
- Add the quinoa to a mixing bowl and finely dice the onions and tomatoes and mix well, add the lemon juice and finely chopped the fresh herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
More Recipes / View All Recipes