This is a deliciously crunchy, tangy and filling salad that I made using what I had in my fridge and pantry. I find this salad ideal for hot weather and perfect to share with friends and family over a weekend dinner. It’s really easy to make, light and packed with healthy nutrients.
- 1 cup of sweetcorn
- 1 courgette
- 2-3 gloves of garlic
- 10 radishes
- 1/2 long cucumber
- 10-15 cherry or plum tomatoes
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3-4 green onions
- 1/3 cup of almonds
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- juice of one lemon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan, drizzle some rapeseed oil, add the finely chopped garlic, sweetcorn kernels and the courgette cut into thick slices and stir-fry them until cooked.
- Prepare the rest of the vegetables for the salad – cut the radishes, cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, avocado, green onions as thin or thick as you prefer.
- Chop the almonds roughly and heat up a small frying pan on low heat, add 1 tsp of rapeseed oil and toss the chopped almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds altogether into the pan. Toss them from time to time until toasted (be careful as the seeds will pop out from the pan while roasting). Sprinkle a bit of salt and set aside.
- Combine all the salad ingredients into a large bowl, add the finely chopped parsley, sprinkle some olive oil, season with salt and pepper and mix well until all flavours nicely blend.
- Serving suggestion: you can have the salad with a side of oven-baked sweet potatoes topped with a vegan cheese of your choice.
More Recipes / View All Recipes