Refined Sugar Free
Sunflower Seed Mayonnaise
- 200g sunflower seeds
- 50ml tamari
- 50ml apple cider vinegar
- ½ avocado
- Juice of half a lemon
- pinch of pink salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 plum tomatoes
- ½ onion
- fresh basil
- 75ml tamari
- 75ml apple cidre vinegar
- 75ml olive oil
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 2 table spoons coconut oil
- chopped parsley
- 50ml coconut nectar
- pinch of salt
Sunflower Seed Mayonnaise:
- Soak 200g of sunflower seeds in filtered water for between 2-4 hours.
- Rinse the seeds well with fresh water and drain off any access
- Put in a blender or food processor with 50ml tamari, 50ml apple cider vinegar, half a ripe avocado, pinch of pink salt, paprika and juice of half a lemon.
- Blend until smooth, depending on your blender you may need to add a little a water to help this blend, if you do may sure you taste and alter the seasoning accordingly.
- Finely dice your plum tomatoes with your onion into a bowl (approx 5mm dice)
- Finely chop your fresh basil and add to the bowl with onions and tomatoes (dried basil is also ok)
- Pour all three liquids into the your diced mix and mix well.
- Leave for at least 2 hours for the mix to marinate (and up to 48 hours maximum)
- Drain off your mix and put into a container ready for use
- Take the outside leaves and the middle stalk out of your whole cauliflower.
- Chop into small florets and put into you food processor, a little bit at a time, with an equal amount of desiccated coconut or coconut chips.
- Pulse the mix until fine and fluffy – but not too much so that is goes wet and puree-like. It wants to resemble rice.
- Keep doing this in small batches until all the cauliflower has been used. Be careful not to do too much at a time as this will affect the texture and be too wet. Place into a mixing bowl.
- Melt your coconut oil by putting your bowl into some warm water.
- Mix your coconut oil, nectar and pink salt into your rice.
- Chop parsley (or herbs and spices of your choice) and mix these into your rice, turmeric or paprika is really good with this rice.
Putting Your Nori Rolls Together:
- Place your Nori Sheets in front of you, on the worktop with the cutting line vertically placed, not horizontal.
- Covering about a 3rd of the sheet, spread a horizontal line of the sunflower seed mayo in the middle of the Nori Sheet; about 3mm thick.
- Then place a flat layer of the cauliflower rice (about 4mm thick) on top of the sunflower seed mayo.
- Use about 3 tablespoons of your tomato salsa mix to then cover your rice layer, also adding to that a layer of your sliced avocado and a layer of beansprouts.
- Melt a very little bit of coconut oil to stick your nori roll together with. This will also help to keep the nori fresh and crispy if you want to keep them in the fridge for a few days.
- Working away from you, start to roll the built nori roll stopping 1cm before you get to the end, and apply your coconut oil brushing it onto the top of the sheet. Then continue to finish rolling.
- Brush a little more coconut oil onto the outside of your roll and store in the fridge for ten minutes before eating.
GET FREE RECIPES!
Join my mailing list to receive exclusive free recipes, events and news straight to your inbox.