Refined Sugar Free
For The Flapjack
- 100g pitted dates
- 100g pitted prunes
- 100ml of coconut milk or water
- 2 ripe bananas
- 150g coconut nectar – SHOP
- 50ml coconut oil – SHOP
- 325g primrose kitchen gluten free muesli – SHOP
- 100g raisins
- 100g chopped apricots
- 25g hulled hemp seeds
- 25g flaxseeds/linseed
- 25g black sesame seed
- 25g sunflower seed
- 25g goji berries (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Coat your flapjack tray with a fine coating of oil and line it with clingfilm so that it is easy to take out of your tray once it has set. Make sure the clingfilm is slightly over the edges so you can get a good grip when you are trying to get it out of the tray.
- Take your dates and your prunes and leave them to soak in a bowl of water for between 1-2 hours. This just makes them a lot easier when blending them to make your paste.
- Drain the water from the dates and the prunes and place in your high speed blender.
- Also add to your blender, your bananas, coconut oil (in liquid form), coconut nectar, cinnamon, salt.
- Blend all the above ingredients together until it comes to a super smooth paste.
- Add all of your other (dry) ingredients into a large bowl and mix in your paste very well to your dry ingredients.
- Place the mix into your lined flapjack tray and with a moist hand (just dampen your hand with a little cold water) push the mix down into your tray making sure you get it even and into all the corners.
- Place your flapjack into the fridge to set for a few hours.
Chocolate ganache topping
- Melt your coconut oil to a liquid form by standing it in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes
- Weigh out 100ml into your blender jug, with the coconut nectar, salt and cinnamon
- Have the blender running on the lowest speed with this in and slowly add your cacao powder into it slowly to stop it from going grainy.
- Blend for one minute and then pour onto the top of your flapjack.
GET FREE RECIPES!
Join my mailing list to receive exclusive free recipes, events and news straight to your inbox.