For The Base
- 4 courgettes
- 1 cucumber
For the Pesto
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 pack of fresh basil
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 30ml apple cider vinegar
- 30ml tamari
- 1/2 avocado
- pinch of pink salt
- lemon Juice
- Top and tail all of your courgettes and cucumber and spiralize into a large mixing bowl – you now have noodles.
- Take a little pinch of pink salt and the juice of half a lemon and massage into your noodles (this will not only add a great flavour to your noodles but will also draw out the moisture making your noodles a lot softer, straighter and much nicer to eat). This will take about 10-20 minutes to happen, so you can make the pesto whilst you leave them.
For the Pesto:
- Soak your sunflower seeds for between 2-4 hours then drain and rinse before use.
- To make your pesto place all of your ingredients into your high speed blender or food processor and blend (depending on your blender you may need to add a touch of filtered water to help it, if you do make sure to check and adjust the season and adjust accordingly).
- When I make this pesto I like to keep it pretty chunky, so therefore don’t blend it for too long and normally just tend to pulse it rather than a constant blend.
- Strain off any excess water that has been drawn from the noodles and chop them a little bit using scissors to make bit more manageable.
- Mix in your chunky basil Pesto.
- Add in any extras you want to (tomatoes and red peppers are great and give it some really nice colour).
- Garnishing with mixed seeds or coconut is great also.
- I love to always have a little pot of mixed seeds to add for garnishing.
GET FREE RECIPES!
Join my mailing list to receive exclusive free recipes, events and news straight to your inbox.