Quinoa, Tamari and Vegetable Salad
A great healthy cooked option, Quinoa is incredible, its very similar to something like couscous but with amazing added health benefits. It’s great for making warm or cold salads or adding to main meals as a great protein source for vegetarian meals.
- Cuisine: Vegan diner/lunch.
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total time: 15 Minutes
- Servings: Makes 4 portions
- Allergens: Soy
- Requires: Saucepan, chopping board, knife.
This recipe makes enough for 4 small portions!
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small carrot
- 1 courgette
- Large handful of baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 20ml Tamari or liquid aminos
- 1 handful of mixed leaves or rocket
Nutrition yeast flakes are a great little garnish for sprinkling them over salads and, well anything – I love it. If you have made any of my other recipes you will have noticed that I use it ALOT! – Check out the cashew cheese in my Lasagne recipe.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission. Thank you.
For the Quinoa:
- Place your raw quinoa into a sauce pan with the water, Quinoa expands lots when you cook it so make sure the saucepan is a decent size
- Bring it to the boil and then turn it down to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and just let it stand for ten minutes to finish cooking by itself. Quinoa is very easy to overcook so by doing it this way it won’t overcook and it will stay super light and fluffy.
- Add a pinch of salt and a touch of olive oil and mix well. The olive oil will just stop it from clumping together to much.
- Place it in the fridge to cool down.
For the Vegetables:
- Finely Julienne your peppers, carrot, courgette, and spinach.
- In a large pan on a low heat, with a tiny teaspoon of coconut oil slowly cook all of these ingredients until they have softened.
- Once the vegetables are soft add in your tamari, paprika and cumin.
- Then add back in your cooked quinoa and mix really well.
- Serve your quinoa salad and top with some mixed leaves and rocket.
More Recipes / View All Recipes