A free video Lesson for you
Welcome to your free cook along lesson with me. It’s awesome you are here. This video is from my online healthy cooking course – Inspired Cooking! This video lesson is just one of 30 in the course and there is 45 recipes in the course in total.
Below you will find the cook-along video, ingredients, equipment needed and the recipe (you can also download it too).I hope you enjoy it and happy cooking! Scroll down to view the free video lesson and cook along with me. You can also hit the button below to view the full course and find out more!
Baba Ghanoush is a traditional Syrian dish and a very common accompaniment to any mezze dish. It is traditionally made with tahini and a smokey flavour. I love to use baba ghanoush as a part of breakfast dishes or a snack with crudites and crackers.
- 1 whole aubergine
- 40g tablespoon of tahini paste
- 1 whole lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 10g of fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Cold pressed rape seed oil
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200c
- Trim the top off the aubergine then cut it lengthways down the middle opening it up facing the inside to the sky on the baking tray
- Score the aubergine flesh diagonally this will help it cook all the way though
- Drizzle with oil, season well with salt and pepper and bake for 25 minutes on 200c degrees.
- Once cooked scrape out the inside flesh and place in to the bender with the garlic cloves, the bunch of fresh parsley (with the stalks), the tahini paste, lemon juice, a teaspoon of smoked paprika and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Blend on full speed for 60 seconds until smooth
Oven, Baking tray, Blender or food processor, Chopping board, Chef’s knife, Spoon