Healthy chocolate is a must for every single human in the world so pay attention to this one. Print it, save it on your computer, your phone, your iPad, everywhere. You need this! I repeat, do not lose it. Make it – like every day!
- Cuisine: Desserts/Sweet treats
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Servings: Makes 12 bars of heaven
- Allergens: Nuts
- Requires: Chocolate moulds, glass bowl, saucepan, whisk, spatula
Makes 12 bars of heaven:
- 250g cacao butter
- 100-170g maple syrup (amount depending on preferred sweetness)
- 100g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g roasted almonds
- 30g dried apricots
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt
*This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission. Thank you.
- Melt cacao butter in a double boiler or in a glass mixing bowl set over a small saucepan with 1 inch of water over medium heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add maple syrup and whisk to combine. When the mixture is completely fluid with no separation, add cacao or cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Taste and adjust sweetness if needed – I found 100ml to be perfect but that’s my taste, feel free to add more if you want to.
- Pour the chocolate into moulds (if you have them), mini paper cupcake liners, or simply line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the chocolate on top. Top with roasted almonds, chopped dried apricots, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Set in the refrigerator or freezer to harden for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once completely solid, break or cut into pieces/bars. These can be kept at room temperature for serving. But for best freshness, store chocolate in an airtight container or freezer bag in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks, or the freezer for 1-2 months.
More Recipes / View All Recipes