Double Chocolate and Chia Banana Bread
This double chocolate banana bread is the dream! Vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free – it’s also really easy to make, super moist, healthy and rich in delicious chocolate thanks to the raw cacao powder and the vegan chocolate chips.
It’s the perfect healthy yet insanely delicious naturally sweet dessert you can have ready in no time for Christmas and/or New Year’s Eve. It’s such a treat! You can serve it with cashew cream, plant-based yoghurt, fresh berries or even jam – sky’s the limit!
- Mill the Chia seeds to a fine powder and add the water and whisk well.
- In a separate mixing bowl add all of the dry ingredients and the bananas and put them into a food processor, blend and slowly add the milk and the coconut oil into the mix.
- Finally, add in all of them soaked Chia seeds and the bananas and blend until a smooth batter.
- Pour it into the baking tray or loaf tin and bake on 160° for 30 minutes.
- Top with nuts and seeds before baking – this is your choice what you want to top it with and decorate it with. I went with pecan nuts, cashews, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and vegan chocolate chips.
- Once cooked, cool for 30 minutes and dust with cacao powder.
- Slice and serve.
More Recipes / View All Recipes