The perfect guilt-free curry…
This recipe also last well if you want to cook a large batch and freeze.
- Cuisine: Vegan lunch/dinner
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total time:30 Minutes
- Servings: Makes 6 portions
- Requires: A food processor, saucepan, oven, chefs knife.
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 a red chilli
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic
- Thumb sized piece of ginger
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 x 400g tins of chickpeas (drained)
- 400g of chopped tomatoes
- 100ml of coconut milk
- 30g of fresh coriander
- 1oog fresh baby spinach
- To make the curry paste, heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the diced onion and chilli and pan fry until its softened.
- While that is cooking, add the garlic, ginger and all of the spices, tomato puree, salt and cooked onion and chilli to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add a drop of water, if needed.
- Cook out the paste on a low heat, stirring occasionally, so it doesn’t stick
- Tip in the chickpeas and chopped tomatoes and simmer for 5 mins until it has reduced down.
- Add the coconut with a little water, cook for 5 mins more and then add the coriander and spinach – cook until wilted.
- This curry is awesome served with the cauliflower rice recipe in the library – give it a go.
- This recipe also last well if you want to cook a large batch and freeze.
More Recipes / View All Recipes