The perfect guilt free carrot cake. Serve warm and with a Matcha latte on the side…
- Cuisine: Vegan Bakes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Servings: Makes 16 servings
- Allergens: Nuts
- Requires: A food processor, 12″ round cake tin, juicer, mixing bowl, spatula
Carrot Cake Base – works perfectly with leftover juice pulp
- 5 medium carrots grated (or juiced and use the pulp – only if it’s pure carrot that you have juiced)
- 50g of chopped cashew nuts
- 150g of fine desiccated coconut
- 15 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 100ml of melted coconut oil
- Grate (or juice) the carrots.
- In your juicer: drink the juice and use the pulp. Double win!
- In a food processor blend the cashew nuts to a fine powder.
- Add the desiccated coconut.
- Then add in the dates and blend until they are slightly broken down.
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Tip this mix into a bowl.
- Add in the carrot and mix really well with the melted coconut oil.
- Tip the mix into the cake tin and press it down, compacting as much in as possible.
- Place in the fridge to set for a minimum of two hours.
More Recipes / View All Recipes