Buckwheat and Cacao Power Balls!
The perfect snack for a little energy boost or post workout. These little beauties will keep those cravings for anything sweet at bay whilst being totally free from refined sugar, gluten and diary.
- Cuisine: Vegan Sweet treats
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Total time: 10 Minutes
- Servings: Makes 20 balls
- Allergens: PEANUTS
- Requires: A food processor,
- 210g of buckwheat groats or buckwheat flour
- 50g of raw cacao powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of organic sea salt
- 200g of pitted soft dates
- 5g (1/2 a teaspoon) of vanilla paste
- 25g of peanut butter
- 80ml of coconut oil (melted to liquid form)
- 80ml of maple syrup or coconut blossom nectar
- (Optional) Desiccated coconut.
- Place the buckwheat groats, cacao powder, cinnamon and salt into the food processor until the buckwheat has broken down but still has a bit of texture.
- Add in the dates and vanilla and blend again.
- Add in the peanut butter and repeat.
- Pour in the coconut oil and sweetener whilst the food processor is still running and blend until the dough comes together.
- Place the mix into a bowl and roll into even sized balls.
- Roll into desiccated coconut if you’d like to make them look bit nicer (optional)
More Recipes / View All Recipes