Baked Chickpea Falafels
These baked falafels make a perfect addition to so many meals. Why not give them a go as a filling for a wrap, pitta or a plant based protein alternative do a salad or Buddha bowl type dish. 30g of protein per 100.
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
- Servings: Makes 10 portions (2 per portion)
- Allergens: None
- Requires: A food processor, chopping board, chefs knife, frying pan, baking tray and an oven
- 400g of canned chickpeas
- 50ml of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 of a small red onion
- 20g of fresh parsley
- 20g of fresh corriander
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
- A large pinch of sea salt
- 5g of ground cumin
- 2g of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 50ml of water
- 10ml of white wine vinegar
- 5g of baking powder
- A large pinch of ground black pepper
- Place the Chia seeds into the food processor and blitz until they start to break down to a fine powder. Once the liquid is added the chia seeds are what is going to bind the falafels.
- Add all of the other dried ingredients (cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper) and pulse for 20 seconds.
- Add the onion, garlic, fresh coriander and parsley and blend until they are finely chopped
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them to the blender along with the liquids (water and oil)
- Blend for 3-4 minutes until the chickpeas are broken down and the mix looks like quite a firm dough. It doesn’t need to be smooth, a few chunks in the falafels is nice!
- Portion the mix into 20 portions and shape them as per the picture above
- Fry in a hot pan with a little oil to colour both sides and then finish in the oven for 10 minutes on 180oc
More Recipes / View All Recipes