From making you look better, feel stronger, to getting you excited to start your day – healthier eating has the power to do all that and so much more!
And although plant-based is what I do and strongly believe in, healthier eating means more than plant-based. You can be plant-based, vegan, vegetarian, fruitarian, pescatarian, flexitarian, meatatarian, you name it, and still have health problems caused by your eating habits.
Eating healthier means, more than anything, reducing and gradually eliminating processed foods and drinks that are high in saturated fats, refined sugars, additives, preservatives and so many chemicals that I sometimes wonder if there’s any real food left in them, or it’s all just a big sad lab experiment.
You already know that processed foods bring no value to your life, apart from a short-term pleasure that goes away faster than you want and leaves you craving for more. They lack any nutritional value and, what’s worse, they cause addiction by intoxicating your body and sabotaging your mind. You’re paying a price too big for a fleeting moment of pleasure. It’s not worth it and you deserve better.
For you to understand how much you can gain from eliminating processed foods and drinks from your diet, I’ve put together a collection of benefits and raw genuine opinions, downright revelations if you want, of people who have changed their lives for the better just by choosing to eat healthier.
>>> Main benefits of healthier eating (in no particular order):
- Better sleep quality
- Higher energy levels
- Healthy weight management
- Brighter skin
- Improved gut health
- More positive mindset
- Self-confidence building
- Stronger immune system
- Better mood
- Improved memory and brain health
- Can reduce depression symptoms
- Prevention of certain serious diseases
- Stronger bones and teeth
- Blood sugar control
- Self-esteem improvement
- Better stress management
- Delayed ageing effects
- Motivation boost
- Improved mental focus and clarity
- To name a few
>>> Most beautiful pieces of feedback on the benefits of healthier eating that I received so far (although these mainly come from people who have gone plant-based for a certain amount of time, most of these benefits still apply to any kind of diet that eliminates processed foods and drinks):
- “I definitely feel more energised, no headaches which has felt great and my clarity and productivity improved a great deal. My skin feels great – it doesn’t look so tired, and quality of sleep is starting to improve too.” Lynn
- “Eating healthier not only made me feel good inside, it has made me mentally stronger. Feeling mentally strong is an amazing feeling and it WILL help me achieve my goals. I feel like I have taken control and I’m excited for the next few months.” Alex
- “My body seems to be alive in a way I haven’t experienced before, and everyone keeps telling me how well I look. My energy levels are also noticeably higher and I’m able to achieve far more in my day. As I have high blood pressure I’ve been monitoring it closely. The results showed that it has dropped ever since I started eating better, which is an amazing result.” Iain
- “My energy levels are through the roof, where I would normally struggle at a certain point in the day, such as early morning or early evening – I feel awake, alert and ready to go. I’m really surprised how big of an impact good food has on my concentration and motivation. I’ve been sailing through some quite complex meetings with clear concentration and not as distracted. And I manage to sleep better too, feeling very refreshed and not tired like I would normally be. This is a big change from my normal routine and a very welcome side effect of good food – lots of deep sleep which I wasn’t expecting.” Faith
- “You really have changed my attitude to food. I started to plan my shopping list to change things up and include lots more seeds, nuts and beans/lentils. (…) I have felt so much better in myself, not bloated, lethargic or lacking in energy and can’t believe the difference. Just like you said, it’s the food that does it.” Rachel
Apart from all the tremendous benefits healthier eating has on your life, it does one more thing that I personally love the most. It makes you fall in love with real food over and over again – through flavours that leave you speechless and smells that make your house feel like a home in a way only real food can.
And, more than anything, I hope that eating healthier will help you discover and experience the wonderful therapeutic power real food can have on you – it is truly healing.
Hope reading this has left you feeling pumped and motivated to make some changes 🙂 Have fun!
More Blogs / View All Blogs